Australia kicked off a sensational chase to end Pakistan’s unbeaten run in the T20 World Cup and reach the final of the tournament, where they face New Zealand. Australia looked on the verge of trouble in the chase after being reduced to 96 for five in 12.2 overs, but Matthew Wade and Marcus Stoinis produced an excellent 81-run unbeaten partnership of just 41 balls to take their team to victory in the semi-final against Pakistan.
After Australia’s victory over Pakistan, fans took to Twitter to post several hilarious memes.
– Mukul kumar jha (@ Mukuljha1989) 11 November 2021
– (@introverx___) 11 November 2021
– Anmol Sangal (@ anmolsngl02) 11 November 2021
– Prayag (@theprayagtiwari) 11 November 2021
– shakirspidey (@spidey_shakir) 11 November 2021
– _N_F_ (@fing_n) 11 November 2021
– Syed Shariq Hussain (@ShariqHussain_S) 11 November 2021
– Ripson Lobo (@ Ripsylobo12) 11 November 2021
– Cric kid (@ ritvik5_) 11 November 2021
David Warner vs. Others vs. Warner vs. Us pic.twitter.com/RdqyzqpHpU
– Alyan Khan (@all__yawn) 11 November 2021
– Enkats! (@itz_venkyz_life) 11 November 2021
– Dr. Achambit (@DrAchambit) 11 November 2021
– Praveen Naik (veen praveencn77) 11 November 2021
Pakistan were batted after Australia won the toss and were selected to play first in Dubai.
Captain Babar Azam and his opening partner Mohammad Rizwan gave Pakistan a brilliant start again. After Babar fell for 39, Fakhar Zaman and Rizwan added 72 runs from 46 balls for the second wicket to put their team on top.
Rizwan was sacked for 67 by Mitchell Starc while Asif Ali fell for a golden duck. Shoaib Malik also fell cheap when Pakistan sought a big finish. Despite the wickets falling on the other side, Fakhar Zaman continued to defeat the Aussies to all parts of Dubai and remained unbeaten on 55 off 32 balls as Pakistan scored a total of 176 for four.
Australia’s chase started a nightmare when captain Aaron Finch was sacked for a golden duck in the first over by Shaheen Shah Afridi. However, David Warner and Mitchell Marsh made a brilliant counter-attack to put the Aussies in a strong position after the clash.
However, business then went downhill for Australia. Marsh fell just after the end of the power play while Steve Smith was sent cheap to pack. Warner did well, but was fired by Shadab Khan, one less than fifty. Glenn Maxwell was unable to make a significant contribution and soon Australia found themselves staring down the bar with Pakistan in full control.
It was then that Stoinis and Wade came together and continued to smack the Pakistani bowlers. Wade closed matters with a barrage of sixes as Australia drew a mouth-watering final against their trans-Tasman rivals New Zealand.
Topics mentioned in this article